ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Dec. 28, 2022) – The National Community Pharmacists Association is pleased to announce these upcoming items for pharmacists and pharmacy team members:
- Jan. 5 – NCPA releasing third episode of “Show Me” reality series. In this episode, titled “Make Us More Efficient,” the Halifax Pharmacy team in South Boston, Va., works with their coaches to streamline their already existing vaccine program by maximizing the use of technicians and making the most of each patient interaction. Episodes are being made available on NCPA's YouTube channel, NCPAvids. “Show Me” is a production of the NCPA Innovation Center with support from Pfizer.
- Jan. 10 – Opening a Pharmacy webinar, part of our Business Booster Series presented by NCPA corporate members. Drew Hegi, loan officer with First Financial Bank, will go over the SBA loan process and discuss the importance of a business plan and its role in providing pharmacy-based patient care services. Learn more and register.
- Jan. 24 – Best Practices for Delivering Diabetes Self-Management Education webinar. From identifying patients and securing provider referrals to offering group education and billing for the service, diabetes self-management education expert and pharmacy owner Travis Wolff will walk through best practices for delivering DSME in a community pharmacy. Learn more and register.
- Jan. 28-29 – NCPA Pharmacy Ownership Workshop, sponsored by McKesson, online. Consider this a crash course on pharmacy ownership. A team of experts will answer the nitty-gritty questions about the loan approval process, licensure agreements, creating a start-up checklist, writing a business plan, designing an effective store layout, and more. It’s a can’t-miss program for new pharmacy owners, those planning to someday open their own store, and those thinking about taking the next step in the industry. Learn more and register.
- Beginning Feb. 1 – Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp. The NCPA Innovation Center is teaming up with Travis Wolff, PharmD, to hold another Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp, an online course that will prepare pharmacy teams to apply for diabetes self-management education accreditation. DSME is a billable, evidence-based service that allows pharmacy teams to improve clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients with diabetes. Learn more and register. Registration closes Jan. 30.
Registration is open for NCPA’s 2023 Multiple Locations Conference, which will be held Feb. 22-25, 2023, at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Fla. According to the 2022 NCPA Digest, sponsored by Cardinal Health, 32 percent of independent community pharmacy owners have ownership in two or more pharmacies. Many others may aspire to own multiple pharmacies. NCPA’s Multiple Locations Conference is where savvy owners come to learn to manage the complexity that can come with additional stores and discover solutions and strategies to make their pharmacies thrive.
Events are subject to change. Visit our website for the latest information on NCPA events.
Founded in 1898, the National Community Pharmacists Association is the voice for the community pharmacist, representing over 19,400 pharmacies that employ nearly 240,000 individuals nationwide. Community pharmacies are rooted in the communities where they are located and are among America’s most accessible health care providers. To learn more, visit www.ncpa.org.