Founded in 1898, the National Community Pharmacists Association is the voice for independent pharmacy, representing 21,000 pharmacies and employing more than 250,000 individuals nationwide. Independent pharmacy is a $75.8 billion marketplace. Community pharmacists are local health care problem-solvers who can customize solutions to local health challenges for groups and employers.
They are rooted in the communities where they are located and are America’s most accessible health care providers.
Likewise, they are community leaders actively involved in community-oriented public health, civic, and volunteer projects. Many hold local elected offices; others serve as state legislators.
NCPA is the advocate for community pharmacists on the public policy issues that affect their patients and pharmacies. Whether it’s at Capitol Hill, state legislatures, regulatory agencies, or the courts, NCPA advocates on issues ranging from PBM abuses to pharmacists’ ability to practice at their full scope.
- We are dedicated to the continuing growth and prosperity of independent community pharmacy in the United States.
- We are the national pharmacy association representing the professional and proprietary interests of independent community pharmacists and will vigorously promote and defend those interests.
- We are committed to high-quality pharmacist care and to restoring, maintaining, and promoting the health and well-being of the public we serve.
- We believe in the inherent virtues of the American free enterprise system and will do all we can to ensure the ability of independent community pharmacists to compete in a free and fair marketplace.
- We value the right to petition the appropriate legislative and regulatory bodies to serve the needs of those we represent.
- We will utilize our resources to achieve these ends in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
Expand Your Reach With NCPA
NCPA can help you develop a customized multimedia marketing approach that will keep your company’s name and products in front of loyal and appreciative customers, health care professionals and small-business owners of independent community pharmacy on a consistent basis throughout the year.
NCPA is proud of our rich history and we welcome your interest in employment opportunities with us. Why work at NCPA? We have talented employees with diverse backgrounds and interests who are committed to a common goal—advancing the reach and influence of the community pharmacist—and they work hard to achieve that goal.