ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Dec. 1, 2023) – The National Community Pharmacists Association is pleased to announce these upcoming events for pharmacists and pharmacy team members:
- Dec. 5 – Prepare for the DIR Cliff With Predictable Profitability From AI, part of our Business Booster series presented by NCPA corporate members. Join Paige Clark, vice president of policy and programs at Prescryptive Health, to learn how artificial intelligence can help pharmacies take excellent care of patients and prepare to counter the coming changes in DIR fees. Learn more and register.
- Dec. 5 – Positively Benefit From a Joint Cash-Based Clinic and Be the Solution for Accessible, Affordable Care, online course. Learn how independent pharmacies are providing the foundation for a sustainable, affordable solution to primary care access that benefits everyone. This is part of a broader series highlighting novel enhanced services that pharmacies can implement. Learn more and register.
- Dec. 8 – Mental Health First Aid Training, online. Pharmacy team members are more likely to encounter a mental health episode than a situation requiring basic life support or CPR. This live, online training course will help attendees identify, understand, and respond to people in need of this assistance. Registration closes on Dec. 6. Learn more and register.
- Dec. 12 – DIR Detox: Technical Tips on Transparent DIR, advocacy update webinar. Changes to Medicare Part D payment are a win for pharmacy but there are some growing pains along the way. This free webinar will highlight technical tips pharmacy teams need to be sure they can account for DIR amounts that are transparent at the point of sale. Learn more and register.
- Dec. 13 – NASPA Pharmacy-Based Point-of-Care Test and Treat National Certificate Program, online. The 20-hour ACPE-accredited certificate program includes comprehensive material regarding key disease states, physical assessments, point-of-care tests, collaborative practice models, and business models. Registration closes Dec. 7. Learn more and register.
Additionally, registration is open for NCPA’s Multiple Locations Conference, which will take place Feb. 28 - March 2, 2024, at the Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa in Fort Myers, Fla. According to the 2023 NCPA Digest, sponsored by Cardinal Health, 30 percent of independent community pharmacy owners have ownership in two or more pharmacies. Many others may aspire to own multiple pharmacies. NCPA’s Multiple Locations Conference is where savvy owners come to learn to manage the complexity that can come with additional stores and discover solutions and strategies to make their pharmacies thrive.
Founded in 1898, the National Community Pharmacists Association is the voice for the community pharmacist, representing over 19,400 pharmacies that employ more than 230,000 individuals nationwide. Community pharmacies are rooted in the communities where they are located and are among America’s most accessible health care providers. To learn more, visit www.ncpa.org.