ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Jan. 27, 2023) – The National Community Pharmacists Association is pleased to announce these upcoming items for pharmacists and pharmacy team members:
- Beginning Feb. 1 – Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp. The NCPA Innovation Center is teaming up with Travis Wolff, PharmD, to hold another Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp, an online course that will prepare pharmacy teams to apply for diabetes self-management education accreditation. DSME is a billable, evidence-based service that allows pharmacy teams to improve clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients with diabetes. Learn more and register. Registration closes Jan. 30.
- Feb. 9 – NCPA releasing fourth episode of “Show Me” reality series. Episodes are being made available on NCPA’s YouTube channel, NCPAvids. “Show Me” is a production of the NCPA Innovation Center with support from Pfizer.
- Feb. 22-25 – Multiple Location Conference, at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Fla. This is where savvy owners come to learn to manage the complexity that can come with additional stores and discover solutions and strategies to make their pharmacies thrive. Learn more and register.
- Feb. 28 – Opening a Pharmacy webinar, part of our Business Booster Series presented by NCPA corporate members. Drew Hegi, loan officer with First Financial Bank, will go over the SBA loan process and discuss the importance of a business plan and its role in providing pharmacy-based patient care services. Learn more and register.
- March 8 – NASPA Pharmacy-Based Point-of-Care Test and Treat National Certificate Program, online. The 20-hour ACPE-accredited certificate program includes comprehensive material regarding key disease states, physical assessment, point-of-care tests, collaborative practice models, and business models. Learn more and register.
Additionally, registration is open for next Business of Long-Term Care Workshop, presented by the NCPA Long-Term Care Division. Taking place April 19-20 at NCPA headquarters in Alexandria, Va., this is an intensive crash course on owning and operating a long-term care pharmacy. It will help attendees grow their LTC offering from a few to a few thousand beds. Learn more and register.
Registration is also open for NCPA’s 2023 Congressional Pharmacy Fly-In, taking place April 26-27 in Alexandria, Va., and Washington, D.C. While independent pharmacy owners and their teams completed dozens of visits with policymakers and their staff in a 2022 Month of Action initiative, NCPA is pleased to welcome its members to attend its first in-person fly-in since April 2019, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more and register.
Events are subject to change. Visit our website for the latest information on NCPA events.
Founded in 1898, the National Community Pharmacists Association is the voice for the community pharmacist, representing over 19,400 pharmacies that employ nearly 240,000 individuals nationwide. Community pharmacies are rooted in the communities where they are located and are among America’s most accessible health care providers. To learn more, visit www.ncpa.org.