ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Sept. 26, 2022) – The National Community Pharmacists Association is pleased to announce these upcoming items for pharmacists and pharmacy team members:
- Sept. 29-Oct. 1 – Pre-Convention Growth and Profitability Programs, in Kansas City, Mo. Programming includes hot topics such as point-of-care testing, long-term care, weight management, and more:
- Thursday, Sept. 29
- Business of Long-Term Care Workshop – This two-day (Sept. 29-30) workshop, sponsored by Pharmacists Mutual, is an intensive crash course on owning and operating a long-term care pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Ownership Workshop – Sponsored by McKesson and in part by Live Oak Bank and Pharmacists Mutual Companies, this intensive two-day (Sept. 29-30) event is perfect for both those considering pharmacy ownership and current owners looking to polish their management skills.
- Friday, Sept. 30
- Creating Health: Pharmacist-Led Lifestyle and Weight Management – Community pharmacist Dr. Kathy Campbell shows how your pharmacy can improve its bottom line with a biochemistry-based weight management program.
- Saturday, Oct. 1
- Pharmacy-Based Point-of-Care Test and Treat National Certificate Program – We’ve brought one of our most popular programs to the pre-convention lineup! Get the nuts-and-bolts details on how to establish a successful community pharmacy-based test and treat program.
- Thursday, Sept. 29
- Oct. 1-4 – The NCPA 2022 Annual Convention and Expo, in Kansas City, Mo. Learn more and register.
- Oct. 3-4 – The Senior Care Summit. From business education devoted to success, networking with peers, and partners focused on long-term care growth, the Senior Care Summit is the destination for independent LTC operators to learn from one another. Here’s a preview of what to expect.
- Oct. 7 – Sweet Opportunities! Maximizing Value With Your Diabetes Education webinar. Travis Wolff will share how pharmacies can achieve Diabetes Self-Management Education accreditation for the many services they already provide to help patients manage diabetes. Start making the most of this billable clinical pharmacy service and discover sweet reimbursements for the pharmacy. Learn more and register.
- Beginning Oct. 12 – Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp. The NCPA Innovation Center is teaming up with Travis Wollf, PharmD, to hold another Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp, an online course that will prepare pharmacy teams to apply for Diabetes Self-Management Education accreditation. DSME is a billable, evidence-based service that allows pharmacy teams to improve clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients with diabetes. Learn more and register. Registration closes Oct. 9.
Events are subject to change. Visit our website for the latest information on NCPA events.
Founded in 1898, the National Community Pharmacists Association is the voice for the community pharmacist, representing nearly 19,400 pharmacies that employ approximately 215,000 individuals nationwide. Community pharmacies are rooted in the communities where they are located and are among America’s most accessible health care providers. To learn more, visit www.ncpa.org.