ALEXANDRIA, Va. (April 28, 2022) – The National Community Pharmacists Association is pleased to announce these upcoming events for pharmacists and pharmacy team members:
- May 17 – Billing for Diabetes Education Just Got Easier, CE webinar. The 2022 National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education have been updated to reflect current-day practice, making it easier than ever to care for patients with diabetes. To seek reimbursement from Medicare and other private insurers for diabetes education, your pharmacy must be accredited. Walk away from this webinar with the information you need to determine if establishing an accredited DSME program in your pharmacy is right for you. Learn more and register.
- May 24 – Realizing the Opportunity to Bill for Diabetes Education: Q&A forum. Community pharmacy owner Travis Wolff, PharmD, is back to answer questions around pharmacy-provided diabetes education services offerings. Wolff has successfully launched a DSME program in his pharmacy and has helped over 300 pharmacies navigate the DSME accreditation process. During this Q&A session, he will be answering questions about diabetes education accreditation, billing, and more. Learn more and register.
- Beginning June 8 – Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp. The NCPA Innovation Center is teaming up with PharmFurther to hold another Diabetes Accreditation Boot Camp, a six-week online course that will prepare pharmacy teams to apply for Diabetes Self-Management Education accreditation. DSME is a billable, evidence-based service that allows pharmacy teams to improve clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients with diabetes. Learn more and register. Registration closes June 5.
- June 25-26 – NCPA Pharmacy Ownership Workshop, sponsored by McKesson. In this virtual session, a team of experts will answer the nitty-gritty questions about the loan approval process, licensure agreements, creating a start-up checklist, writing a business plan, designing an effective store layout, and more. This is a can’t-miss program for those planning to someday open their own store, new pharmacy owners, and those thinking about taking the next step in the industry. Learn more and register.
- June 29 – NCPA Innovation Center/CPESN Community Pharmacy Fellowship general interest meeting. Enrollment is open for the 2022-23 NCPA Innovation Center/CPESN® Community Pharmacy Fellowship, sponsored by Good Neighbor Pharmacy. With the goal of advancing practice transformation, the fellowship is an intensive 12-month training program open to all practicing pharmacists working at a CPESN USA pharmacy. Learn more about it and get answers to frequently asked questions during this live online general interest meeting. Enrollment ends July 31.
Additionally, NCPA offers a variety of on-demand programs available to pharmacy teams to take on their own schedule. These include Creating Health: Pharmacist-Led Lifestyle and Weight Management, a functional medicine series titled Thinking Outside the Vial, and an on-demand Business of Long-Term Care Workshop. To access these and other programs, visit the NCPA Learning Center.
Events are subject to change. Visit our website for the latest information on NCPA events.
Founded in 1898, the National Community Pharmacists Association is the voice for the community pharmacist, representing nearly 19,400 pharmacies that employ approximately 215,000 individuals nationwide. Community pharmacies are rooted in the communities where they are located and are among America’s most accessible health care providers. To learn more, visit www.ncpa.org.